Are you looking for an engaging fractions activity for your math students? In this Digital Escape Ⓡ, there are eight different activities, and your students will complete adding and subtracting fractions, fraction word problems, comparing fractions, create equivalent fractions by multiplying or dividing numerators and denominators of given fractions by the same number, and convert between fractions and mixed numbers.
In this Digital Escape Ⓡ, the Barcelona soccer team is traveling to Madrid to play a highly anticipated, exciting game. The only problem is the team has to leave in 45 minutes and they cannot find their gate. Your students have to complete problems, solve the clues and help the team find their terminal.
Here are the objectives and tasks your students will complete when working on this escape room:
☀Create equivalent fractions by multiplying or dividing numerators and denominators of given fractions by the same number.
☀Convert between fractions and mixed numbers.
☀Compare fractions using a variety of strategies, including by rewriting them with a common denominator.
☀Add and subtract fractions and mixed numbers with like and unlike denominators.
☀Solve real word problems.
THIS IS GREAT REVIEW FOR YOUR OLDER STUDENTS TOO!
!!!!!!!! MAKE SURE YOUR DISTRICT DOES NOT BLOCK YOU FROM USING JIGSAWPLANET.COM. THERE IS A LINK TO THIS SITE IN THE ESCAPE ROOM.
Also, please make sure your district DOES NOT BLOCK OUTSIDE GOOGLE SITES. I would check with your IT department.
I am not responsible if your district blocks these websites, and I suggest you test these sites first! !!!!!!
What are the positive aspects of a Digital Escape Ⓡ?
- It is NO-PREP! There is nothing to make, print, cut, laminate, clues to hide, buy or locks to set. Everything is ready for your students on the Google Site!
- Students will encounter Google Form questions.
- Your students will solve puzzles, cyphers, and clues to escape!
- All you have to do is share the link with your students or assign the link in GOOGLE Classroom.
- You can have your students complete this on Chromebooks, on an IPad or in a computer lab.