Students spend time annotating text in the English Arts classroom. Teaching students to close read and annotate is an important English Language Arts skill and technique. Your students will learn how to annotate properly and efficiently.
In this bundle, I tried to simplify the annotation process with clear-cut directions, modeling, and application your the students. The students will learn how to use common symbols to annotate text. They will also practice annotating text with non-fiction articles provided. Also, there are slides for teaching students how to “chunk” information.
Included in this bundle are the following:
1. Introduction into Annotating: I included my introduction ditto that explains what annotating is and the symbols that are used to annotate.
2. 11-Slide PowerPoint Presentation-This PowerPoint presentation goes side-by-side with the Note Taking Sheet, as well as line by line animation in annotating a piece of text (ditto of text is included).
3. “Courage to Go to School” Scholastic Article-Teacher Model
4. “Killer Fries” Scholastic Article-Application for students
5. Teaching students to “Chunk” Information
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
⭐ make copies for your own classes only.
⭐ place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
⭐ AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
⭐ make copies for other teachers or their classes.
⭐ distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
⭐ post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.