Have your students practice their English Language Arts skills with this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Halloween Digital Escape Ⓡ. This fun and engaging classroom or distance learning activity that will have your students reviewing skills just in time for Halloween. This is also a great study guide and review for the story.
This Digital Escape Ⓡ has your students reviewing figurative language like personification, metaphor, simile, allusion, hyperbole, oxymoron and other common figurative terms; in addition, students will challenge their reading comprehension skill. Third, your students will listen to a short video on The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and answer questions regarding the plot. Lastly, your students will work on grade level punctuation and editing skills.
In this Digital Escape, it is a race against the clock. Dr. Jekyll has locked himself in his laboratory again, and Mr. Poole, his butler, is afraid he has taken the potion again. With your help, can you stop Dr. Jekyll from changing into a monster?
*There are 8 different activities in this digital escape room, and they include-Word Maze, Jigsaw puzzle, reading comprehension activity, plot diagram, punctuation maze, and much more!
⚠️⚠️⚠️ PLEASE READ-DISCLOSURE ⚠️⚠️⚠️
PLEASE TEST GOOGLE SITES and THESE WEBSITES ON YOUR SCHOOL COMPUTERS FIRST. TRY THIS TEST SITE.
1. MAKE SURE YOUR DISTRICT DOES NOT BLOCK YOU FROM USING JIGSAWPLANET.COM and YOUTUBE. THERE IS A LINK TO THESE SITES IN THE ESCAPE ROOM.
2. Also, please make sure your district DOES NOT BLOCK OUTSIDE GOOGLE SITES. I would check with your IT department first.
3. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if this site is not working in your school. This is probably due to firewalls and sites your school district is blocking. I cannot control these issues.
What are the positive aspects of a Digital Escape Ⓡ?
- It is NO-PREP! There is nothing to make, print, cut, laminate, clues to hide, buy or locks to set. Everything is ready for your students on the Google Site!
- Students will encounter Google Form questions.
- Your students will solve puzzles, cyphers and clues to escape!
- All you have to do is share the link with your students.
- You can have your students complete this on Chromebooks, on an IPad or in a computer lab.
You may also like:
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
⭐ make copies for your own classes only.
⭐ place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
⭐ AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
⭐ make copies for other teachers or their classes.
⭐ distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
⭐ post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.